Back in March, we set a chapter goal to that we wanted each person in the chapter to have a 1-2-1 with each other person in the chapter by the end of the year. We also created a colorful “1-2-1 Board” that has been in the back of the room to represent who has had their 1-2-1’s: you find your name and color the squares that correspond to the other members you’ve had 1-2-1’s with. Now that summer is coming to an end, and fall is here (or should be showing it’s face soon), it’s time for a reminder on this goal, and hopefully time to get the calendar out and get some more 1-2-1’s in before the end of the year! Here are some great tips to help make the most of our 1-2-1 goal:
- From the BNI Connect smartphone app (or BNIconnect.com) click on slips at the bottom of the screen, and see how many 1-2-1’s have been recorded in the last month. To keep up with our goal, we’re recommending members have at least one 1-2-1/week, or 3 per month…if you’re short of that, it’s time to schedule some!
- We’ve had a LOT of new members in the group lately. Consider following up with one of the new members to learn more about their business.
- If you’ve been in the group for a while, maybe it’s been a while since you’ve had a 1-2-1 with another longterm member in the group. Consider scheduling a lunch-date or 1-2-1 after our meeting to check in with our fellow members and see what’s changed in their business since the last time they met.
- Be creative: mix up your 1-2-1’s…consider a walk/run, or golf outing, lunch after an advanced training, or drinks/dinner after work!
- Do make sure you leave ample of time for each person to talk….a good suggestion is to plan for 1 hour to meet, and set the alarm on your phone for 30 minutes for each of you to talk.
- Fill out the 1-2-1 planner (located in a link on the side of this email) and make sure you share it via email before hand with your partner, or bring a hard copy to the meeting for them to have. It’s a great way to give them some follow-up information about what you’re meeting about!
Let’s see if we can increase our chapter 1-2-1’s in the coming weeks and learn more about the other members in our marketing team!